My Bx 4x4

BX Tech talk
djm666
BXpert

My Bx 4x4

Post by djm666 »

it all started, well i had been intop BX's since i could walk. anyway. i worked with my dad in his business. one day after one of our customers had a lot of work done on his BX 4x4 he dropped it off with no drive. i said to dad. i will buy it so i think it cost me the tax that was on it.
i then tokk it apart and ordered £1000's of parts put it all back together.
went to get an mot found the rear subframe mounts had come adrift. so on the phone to be told once again you will not be able to get them NLA scrap it i thought no way. esspecially when it can still move under it own steam. well hope not steam that never good.
i then had a XM on the ramp servicing. changing the rear pads i found my new subframe mounts. one call to edwards i had them in my hand the next day. he also said oh yeah got a 4x4 in atm. going to scrap it.
well i got down there bought it over the phone and drove it back, pissing lhm and exhuats fumes entering the car.
then found it to be better than my other car. great. thats how it goes. prenty of spares now though.
so i robbed the interior out of a dead TZD estate and then sent the exhaust to be made in stainless. it now has a really nice note.
pic of the car just after i collected it and washed it.

David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
djm666
BXpert

exhaust

Post by djm666 »

drove to nottingham and back twice for this. worth it though.
got it done at goughs i think was there name. they were in the citroenian any way. did me a deal was £700 i think. lost count of the dollars and pounds i have spent on bx's. sad bastard i know.

they do a good job

does look and sound good now.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
djm666
BXpert

bx 4x4

Post by djm666 »

then after all of that the front to rears went big time. still drove it back from barrow though. covering my mates car in lhm.
so took us a weekend to get 4 new pipes and seals into it and then she was back on the road.
then i moved to NZ and left it in the shed. now have made money to bring it to NZ to live in the no salt atmosphere. to be the only 4x4 known in Nz.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I will be interested to see how you fair trying to get a imported BX registered in New Zealand. The block on importing them was made by in 2001 when the frontal impact standards were introduced, I severly doubt they have relaxed that regulation. Forgotten yes but I would be sure the computer system has not when it is added to the database.
djm666
BXpert

4x4

Post by djm666 »

that is the chance i will have to take.
i have done it now there is no sending them back.
i have got an idea that is fully legal and will let me get them on the road. and if not i will find a shell of an estate in new zealand and re shell the whole car.
there is not much i havn't had apart on it so a reshell would be a nice winter job. and would be good to get a shell to be rust free totally. and fresh paint. would make it a nice job.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85