XM ACCUMULATOR SPHERE

BX Tech talk
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

XM ACCUMULATOR SPHERE

Post by Tim Leech »

Im wanting to fit the bigger XM accumulator sphere to my TZI as the pumps a bit tired, does anyone have a part number for GSF please?

Thanks
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Should be on here somewhere

http://oto.to/schematy/citroen_kule.pdf
They think it's all over, it is now!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

N45322? is that the right one?

Thanks
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

No I don't think so.

Looks like 400/50/0.60, to me.

Not sure fitting a new accumulator will help your problem :?
They think it's all over, it is now!
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

It's not an XM accumulator you want, it's a hydractive XM front center sphere N45322.

I doubt it will cure intermittent PAS tho...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

jonathan_dyane wrote:It's not an XM accumulator you want, it's a hydractive XM front center sphere N45322.

I doubt it will cure intermittent PAS tho...
PAS works fine, as does everything else once its running, just that the rear end sits down quickly and takes a while to rise when cold. The accu spheres tired anyway so though about fitting a bigger one.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I put the XM sphere on mine last year because the 'clicking time' was down to every 3 seconds, the new sphere improved this dramaticaly to every 15-18 seconds so I assume the pump must be tired and would need replacing to get the 30 seconds quoted by others?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

15/18 would be a start until I can sort a new pump, where did you get it from mate?
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Tim
Have you got an old standard one that I could swap it out for and I'll send it you FOC before it goes to scrappage, as stated it was new last year?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Tim, I'm with Ken Newbold on this one - I don't think you'll see any improvement by changing the sphere as the system will still run at the same pressure - sure, you'll get a larger (tiny amount) extra reserve of LHM in the accumulator by fitting a 500cc size item IF the gas pressure is the same or a teeny bit lower.

Rapid suspension sinking is down to LHM internal leakage! I am certain this has been covered at length in the past.

You'll find the best result is from your new HP pump and additionally, reshimming your pressure regulator and reseating the check valve.

Anyway, the sphere can't do any more work on the suspension etc than the pump puts into it - can't get something from nothing!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Defender110 wrote:Tim
Have you got an old standard one that I could swap it out for and I'll send it you FOC before it goes to scrappage, as stated it was new last year?
Err I dont buddy no sorry, thanks for the offer anyway, if you were nearer I would ride up and we could do a swopsie but as shes not a frugal old girl it would cost more in petrol than the sphere.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Aerodynamica wrote:Tim, I'm with Ken Newbold on this one - I don't think you'll see any improvement by changing the sphere as the system will still run at the same pressure - sure, you'll get a larger (tiny amount) extra reserve of LHM in the accumulator by fitting a 500cc size item IF the gas pressure is the same or a teeny bit lower.

Rapid suspension sinking is down to LHM internal leakage! I am certain this has been covered at length in the past.

You'll find the best result is from your new HP pump and additionally, reshimming your pressure regulator and reseating the check valve.

Anyway, the sphere can't do any more work on the suspension etc than the pump puts into it - can't get something from nothing!
Cheers graham, the pump I could about manage but the rest is beyond me, guess I will have to manage for now until I can afford/find a decent pump for a petrol BX.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

i need to replace the acc sphere on my BX, GSF didn't have any but had XM/Xantia ones, so i got one of those. i'd heard there was some small advantage in fitting an XM acc sphere. It's not fitted yet, they actually said XM one was same as Xantia... but have i got it wrong? should i be looking at an XM centre?
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Hi Max,
maxgreenwood wrote:i need to replace the acc sphere on my BX, GSF didn't have any but had XM/Xantia ones, so i got one of those. i'd heard there was some small advantage in fitting an XM acc sphere. It's not fitted yet, they actually said XM one was same as Xantia... but have i got it wrong? should i be looking at an XM centre?
Accumulator spheres (Standard fitment) !
For ALL :- CX,GSA,BX, XM & Xantia applications are all the same 400cc in volume, with 62 BAR of pressure (When new/fully charged) in them and have NO valve's to regulate the LHM flow to/against the diaphapm within the sphere chamber !

I hope this maybe of help !

:D

RxBX
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Are diesel and petrol HP pumps different then? GSF do offer new ones at £150 but they list one size fits all, I was hoping to pay a bit less than that!