Fuel pipes

BX Tech talk
toddao
BXpat

Fuel pipes

Post by toddao »

Does anyone know whether these are suitable for the 16v? I've looked on the service Citroen site but the only 16v specific ones are at the 'front end' so I assume these are standard for the petrol BXs?
Also if they are suitable would they be the same for R/H drive as L/H drive as the listing suggests otherwise. Thanks

Fuel Pipes
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

They look like the right thing. The pipes are the same on the 16v as other models.
They are not handed either. That seller (AES) always has that RH drive warning on everything they sell.

Ciao
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thanks John. I did buy some hydraulic pipes from these people ( very good service to Europe by the way) but was able to check their suitability because they had the regular Citroen code whereas these don't.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i cant find those part No,'s on service citroen, but as long as the fuel lines run up the UK O/S chassis rail on both LHD and RHD they will be the same

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I've had two different 'feed' pipes from citroen in the past, one for the 19rd and one for the valver, they where both slightly different. The bit that goes up the side of the tank was longer on the diesel pipe, but i ended up trimming 2" out of it to make it fit. I later used it on the valver without any problems. I currently have a valver one in stock and it is shorter on the rise upto the tank.

I know other people have had problems when fitting a feed pipe on the valver and have found it a little long.

In my opinion this is just a supplier issue (one making them too long) and makes no difference to fitment.