BX Dizzy Issue / RP Number Mystery!

BX Tech talk
scrappydoo
Confirmed BX'er

BX Dizzy Issue / RP Number Mystery!

Post by scrappydoo »

Have got an '87 GTI 8v with a fluctuating revs when at speed. I've replaced the AFM to no avail so next step is distributor. I have removed the dizzy and it is a Bosch 0237009607.

I've got my hands on an old stock reconned Ducellier 2525692b that is visually very similar but the dizzy cap is female rather than male like on the Bosch and they cannot be swapped as they don't fit.

Could I simply get a new set of HT leads with male dizzy cap connectors and fit everything up and it would work? ANother thing I've noticed when I've been looking for bits is that I don't think this car has an RP number, well if it does I cannot see it and I used to think I had good sight! :wink:
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

there is no reason why you should not just be able to get and fit the correct HT leads for you replacement dizzy, the dizzy i offerd yo 5900.E9 RP No. 3852> on even though it is a Ducellier unit, brand new OE not re/coned,

it dose have the mail terminals on the cap, so i belive it would be a direct swap for your original unit,

early BX's the RP No. was on or by one off the suspension turrets, then later BX's it is in the N/SF door shut on the A post/piller

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
scrappydoo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scrappydoo »

Malcolm,

Thoughts you'd gone away on holiday as heard nothing from you. PM sent. :wink:
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Simon pm sent

i did not realise you required a reply to your last pm to me

kind regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)