Engine variation 14 petrol

BX Tech talk
scarecrow

Engine variation 14 petrol

Post by scarecrow »

Hi - I'm trying to source a part for an April 91 bx 14 and I'm having trouble determining the exact engine type as the car is a hundred miles away and the engine type doesn't seem to be listed on the log book.

Any ideas, please? I've read that the engine type can be determined from the first digits of the VIN but a supplier with access to DVLA was unable to find the information using the registration number.

Thanks
Steve
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

The 1.4 TU engine was fitted from late 1988 so if its 1991 you can be safe.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Hi Tim

Thanks for replying.

I'm after a fuel pump - but the supplier has told me there's several possible types for a 1991 14. depending on engine type (K1F, KDZ, 150C). I'm not sure what the difference is though and whether they are interchangeable. I've looked at diagrams of the pumps and they all look the same (apart from the 150C, I think).

My good old Citroen dealer found the part but gave me the wrong part number when I said it was too expensive. I think I might just bite the bullet and pay them now.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

This is the one I'd like to buy, but I'm not certain that it'll fit. It says it's for a TU3, etc on a Pug 205 14, which sounds about right...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Dunno!
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

yes, that one does look right for your engine, all carb TU engine pumps will be fine, not the 150 suitcase engine type, very different and later TU's awere injected so high pressure pump.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
scarecrow