knocking

BX Tech talk
kevlights
Confirmed BX'er

bx knocking noise under

Post by kevlights »

jacked up the back of the car and the green spheres at the rear of the car are making a clunky noise , the spheres,they seem to be clunking on the frame, under them.
With the car lowered back down, noticed a slight toe out of the wheels at the bottom where they touch the ground.
As suggested looks like rear arm bearings, I will probably have to do them myself. Is this a home mech job ,I have the usual sledge hammer and socket set, but no special tools except cir clip pliers and pin punch set. etc,I have just changed the front brake pads and ,changed the oil and filter ;
If any one has done this job recently, and has some pointers or advice ,it will be ,appreciated, Thanks Regards Kev

although you mention, you think your noise was from the front, so did I, as well !! ; It was not until, i jacked it up ,that not finding any thing loose or banging from the front ,in frustration i had a look at the back end of the car and found the above;
hope that helps regards Kev
sold the BX to buy ZX disaster! sold to get Fiat Croma nice car but gutless,sold to get Peugeot 505;sold that 505 to purchase another BX ,at least I know about them! 1989 BX 19GTi AutoPetrol
just a little bit insane and slightly Euro potty
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

It could still be the anti roll bar, not the links but the bearing bushes. Gibbo.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Mine went in for a knocking front end. Discovered that the wishbone bushes were in a right state. Mind you, that's cured nothing other than giving me peace of mind, so it's going back in for the ARB drop links!