Window falling out from front drivers side

BX Tech talk
Mothman

Window falling out from front drivers side

Post by Mothman »

Hi all,

i have a problem with my drivers window not functioning properly. I think the metal channel or whatever you call it has disntegrated. Its the piece that holds the glass with the rubber length so it can rise up and down. Had a look amd theres lots of bits of rust in the doorwell.

Is there any one who has one for a '93 BX or knows where i can get one?

Thanks.

Andy
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

The metal channel is made of aluminium so it won't have disintegrated but probably fallen off. They are still available from Citroen and you need the rubber seal which provides fit on the window. Alternatively get another complete used glass though as I found out - I couldn't get a colour match with the glass. But you can generally slide off the old channels and re-use. I had similar issues as detailed here and there is also the part no. listed somewhere and a link to yet another thread.. a thread within a thread within a thread etc
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

toddao wrote:.............. I had similar issues as detailed here and there is also the part no. listed somewhere and a link to yet another thread.. a thread within a thread within a thread etc
And also very recently in THIS thread !

:D

RxBX
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Thanks for your help guys, ile contact Citroen on Monday. It becoming a pain now that its warming up a bit.

Andy
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Window all fixed now, works a treat. A bit fiddly job though, took me a while but all done.

Andy