Octopus - can I do it?!

BX Tech talk
Tinkley
1K Away

Octopus still available

Post by Tinkley »

Hi The large Octopus is still available from GSF but they are keen to 'run' them out. This means they will get rid of them so that only Citroen dealers would supply presumably. I've just had it done on my car.
Took the easier option of getting the pros to do it as without a ramp or pit it looks like a much longer job.

Phone GSF and they should be able to get it - mine came in an OE Citroen bag and Made in Poland on it!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I'm pretty sure Octopussies are still available (they were when I had mine done last year).

As an aside, I was told by the mechanic that did mine that another customer had made a brass (or was it nickel?) one which he'd fitted. No more octopussy worries for him then.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

My car has sprang a return leak down there somewhere and i couldn't detect exactly where when i had it up on the ramps. What am i looking at labour cost-wise for a garage to do a new octopus? (the one that connects down below to the HC) Is it about 4 hours?

Max
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

for someone that has been there before it should be no more than two hours labour,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Yeah, I'd do it in two. So three for a garage tops!
Just make sure you choose a garage that know BX's. I've had to refit two on the past that have been fitted by garages incorrectly. :evil:
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

right ok that's not too bad then. good to know so i can do a little bargaining between the two garages i use. The last one took two weeks to do the clutch as they 'received the wrong part' from their supplier.

The new clutch is great. I just need to get the leak sorted, some welding, fit my new recon struts from pleaides and then try and sort the hesitations / occasional missing in engine running!

someone remind me why i'm spending so much on this loveable little motor?!
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You answered your own question, Max. :lol:

"...loveable little motor"
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v