A few little problems...

BX Tech talk
loftus.hall
Confirmed BX'er

A few little problems...

Post by loftus.hall »

Hello all, i'm new here... I bought the grey BX from swindon (170K miles) in feb.
http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11819
So far it's goes well and is in great condition but I have noticed a couple of things.

I have a slight LHM leak, when it's parked a small patch forms on the ground on the passenger side roughly underneath the driveshaft.
It doesn't seem to have affected the level in the resevoir over about 500 miles driving, any ideas - should I be worried?

Second is a small hole - 5 pence size, yes a rusty one, at the top of the windscreen pillar, drivers side, though the passenger side looks like it is thin too. The hole is between the rubber windsceen seal and the metal. No water is getting inside the car but i'm sure it'll be going down inside the pillar and making things worse, any ideas on a quick sealant fix or how much it'd be to sort the hole out for good and patch it up properly?

Lastly the sunroof is rusty but works and doesn't leak but i'd like to clean it up - and stop rust falling off into the gutters and potentially clogging the drain pipes. Any advice on removing or changing the sunroof?

Cheers

Loftus