Xantia 1.8 16v ECU question.....

BX Tech talk
Kevin B
BXpert

Xantia 1.8 16v ECU question.....

Post by Kevin B »

Hello fellow BX'ers.

Sorry to contaminate the forum with Xantia type questions :oops:

I have become involved with a year 2000 Citroen Xantia by way of a good mate, who has a factory fit LPG Xantia 1.8 16v, the petrol ECU is suspected as being faulty (a reliable auto electrician has confirmed this to be the case). It has being ultra reliable upto now, and he is keen to sort this out and keep the car as he is an LPG fanatic, and likes the car very much.

The question is: to replace the ECU from a scrapyard donor, apart from the ECU and the transponder key what other components are required, I understand that the security features on the replacement ECU can be buffered out, but he did'nt really want to go down this road if it can be avoided.

I understand the Citroen Xantia uses an identical engine management system to the Peugeot 406 D9 1.8 16v version, and to do this swap on a Peugeot in addition to the above you also need the speedo head assy, BSI computer, and transponder receiver.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, many thanks in anticipation of a response.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

has the car had a LEXIA pluged into it yet,

my self and several FCF (french car forum ) members own them,

if you look on the FCF there is a LEXIA location map, so you can find the nearest one to were the car is,

if you didn't already know there is loads of XANT info on the FCF,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)