fascia panel under steering column

BX Tech talk
bedebill

Post by bedebill »

what sort of screw heads are they please ? i need to replace the ignition switch. tar bill
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Depends what year your car is.

Most likely to be Torx, but earlier models had Philips screws. :?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

T15 or T20 Torx i think, possibly T25.

A small set of bits with a driver will usually cost less than £5 from decent factors or national high street reatilers (MotorWorld, Halfords etc)
kevlights
Confirmed BX'er

Post by kevlights »

There are several cunning hidden screws behind the steering wheel,you can get them out,by turning the wheel left then right ,but i found that it was easier to take the steering wheel off.
You will need to use the key, to jiggle the ignition barrel locking pin,put the key in turn it a little bit then push the pin to remove the barrel; this pin is on the top of the barrel just slightly back from the rim; dont forget the wiper wiring block behind ,key barrel it is plugged into the back of the key barrel .then gently pull the barrel out ,easing the wiring along with it untill you can unplug the wires from the back;
take carefull note of the ignition steering lock slide,position and method of assemble ;there is a miniture torc screw on the front side of the barrel that may need to be removed to end up with the barrel in your hand and the security slide with drawn;

http://citroeny.cz/servis/data/bx/BX_Manual%20.zip
sold the BX to buy ZX disaster! sold to get Fiat Croma nice car but gutless,sold to get Peugeot 505;sold that 505 to purchase another BX ,at least I know about them! 1989 BX 19GTi AutoPetrol
just a little bit insane and slightly Euro potty