my BX window

BX Tech talk
billvin

my BX window

Post by billvin »

Hi Everybody,
I am the one responsible for recently saving that white BX TZD from the breakers.
I have a problem with her that's driving me a bit mad, the drivers side window drops by about 2.5 CM's, I took the door card off to have a bit better look and saw that the winder mechanism is worn beyond repair.
I have tried to look for a new electric winder mechanism and can't seem to find one so I was wondering does anybody know if the winder mechanism from a Xantia mark one or two are the same as the BX ?

Cheers Billvin
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Sorry Billvin there doesn't seem to be any other vehicle in the Citroen Peugeot range with the same window lifter as the BX, I've checked both parts lists. Gibbo.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Put a post on the 'wanted' section, someone is bound to have one spare.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

There were several FS today!
I *might* have some left, but dont bank on it, I have very little left now having given it all away..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
billvin

my window

Post by billvin »

Hi Guys, I have solved the window problem by buying a window winder assembly from a scrapyard, which came with the electric motor attached and working for £15. I tackled the window problem methodically and had the old assembly out and the new one in within an hour, and that wasn't rushing.

Many thanks to you all for replying. She is now running like a dream. Only problem is I keep getting followed by "the old bill" who seem interested in just looking at her.
Chris Abbott
BXpert

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well done, glad you got it sorted. I was interested in thet car you brought, only 20 minutes from me but you beat me to it!!
What would set the car off is a nice set of speedlines------ i might be selling a set :wink:
Cheers Chris
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Well done for sorting the car.

I wonder whether it wasn't owned by some local no-good which is why the coppers are interested in it?
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"