Oil leak - possible head gasket, a few other issues BX19TXD

BX Tech talk
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Post by sarahjaneking »

If you are the only driver of both cars look for a multicar policy, my friend did it with admiral on his two he was quoted £798 for his bus and £342 for his laguna but on a multicar policy they came to £550 together as he can't be driving both at the same time, they will just ask you what percentage of the time you drive each and work it out accordingly (don't be scared by the large figures quoted here its the price you pay for living in manchester and not having a driveway lol )

hth

sarah x
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If your car is a TXD the display for open doors etc wasnt fitted when new so may have just been added afterwards but may not do anything!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
R9UKE
Confirmed BX'er

Post by R9UKE »

Sarah I'd say mine will be a lot more than that being 18 and having two cars! I'll give them a call on monday.

It's odd what you say about the TXD not having the car display thing - because all the wiring is behind it and plugs straight in!

And no, both mirrors are manually operated... the control does nothing!

As regards to the oil leak, I'll get the rocker seal changed and see what happens from there.

Thanks!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I'd guess that the leccy ones got knocked off and someone sensible decided to fit manual ones instead.

EDIT: or maybe new doors at some point...
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Post by sarahjaneking »

R9UKE wrote:Sarah I'd say mine will be a lot more than that being 18 and having two cars! I'll give them a call on monday.

You could well be right just found out that the lad over the road pays nearly 2.5k for insuring his Ibiza !!!!!!!! I'm suddenly quite glad I'm not 18 again LOL
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)