Sphere's

BX Tech talk
Mothman

Sphere's

Post by Mothman »

Hi all,

replaced the Estates front sphere's with a pair i bought on feebay alledgedly for a TD but they were marked up 16v.
Seems to work ok so far.
Will there be any problems?

Motor did very well to and from Cornwall at the w/end, front suspension a bit hard so did the change.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

It may give a firmer ride that the usual TD ones, but they are different to the standard BX saloon type anyway being beefed up for the extra weight.

If they do become too harsh its a quick and easy swop, but if the ones fitted were flat then it may be a great improvement.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Earlier this year the back end of my estate started bouncing like hell so I figured it was time to fit the new spheres I'd bought from a guy 4 years ago - that worked fine but since looking into the specs these spheres were for the hatchback. Not a great deal of difference in the specs - slightly higher volume for the estate I think.

I thought the front was perhaps a bit hard as well so I thought I'd replace those too and it was probably time to do so. Bought a pair off fleabay - I think it was from GSF - and although I specified 'estate' the ones sent were again for the hatchback. I fitted them anyway and the ride is not as firm as I'd like - more body roll - but it still handles very well as a BX should - just at a different angle occasionally :-)

The next replacement is obviously a long way off - but when I get to it I'll try to redress the volume issue at the rear and generally try to give it a firmer ride. As Tim said - it's a quick and easy swap - and with the BX at least we do have choices.

Check 3/4 way down the page for specs at
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/sus ... ension.php
and also at
http://cx.podolsk.ru/xm/docum/citroen_kule.pdf
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

electrokid wrote: I think it was from GSF - and although I specified 'estate' the ones sent were again for the hatchback.

This is perfectly normal for GSF.

Couple of years ago I bought full set for a valver and they turned out to be two random pairs for varying models.

Last year I ordered 4 spheres specifically for the rear of a V6 XM and was sent 2 for a BX and 2 for a Xantia. Suffice to say i kicked up a massive stink and the collected them from me and replaced them with the 30/.5 ones i originally asked for (although i had the tell them the part number).

I think most of their staff think all sphere's are the same.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Just been up the pub to do a wasp nest, liquid payment of course, and its a vast improvement on the drive to and from Cornwall.
As you say, an easy replacement it it gets a bit firm.

Thanks guys.

Andy