Bumpers - how many different types and can you still get?!

BX Tech talk
Adrian E
BXpert

Bumpers - how many different types and can you still get?!

Post by Adrian E »

Hi folks

Proper anorak question this! Our 16V phase 1 (proper diesel look-alike) has had some poor quality repair work done on both front and rear bumpers in the past. I seem to recall that although the p1 16V bumpers look more or less the same as the stock BX models of the same vintage, there may be some detail differences? Or that the replacements sold by Citroen with the correct part number may be subtly different?

I'm not convinced the original bumpers can be restored to as new condition - so want to try and find a pair of new replacements. Wanting to know what to look out for when trying to decide if they're 'correct' or not.....

A pictorial guide would be even better!!

Cheers all

Adrian
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

?? P1 valvers had stock BX bumpers mate AFAIK.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

As stated above and after checking the parts cataloge, Phase 1 16V's have standard bumpers.

The black inserts, mounts and lower lip are all the same as 8V and relevent diesels.

I have a new and genuine Citroen bumper at home (recently bought off ebay) and it is correct. You have to cut the grills out for the foglight surrounds and to clear the front towing eye but having checked the original bumper on the car, this is how Citroen did it :shock:

Mike P
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Cheers guys - now just need to find some then :shock: