Talk to me about doseurs....

BX Tech talk
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

I would be inclined for test purposes only to connect a 1K? resistor instead of that rear sensor lead and see if that fooled the abs-ecu into extinguishing its lamp after the self test on start.

Or you could start with 4 off 1K? resistor instead of each/all sensor leads, firstly checking that lamp operates correctly and then plug the sensors back in one by one and discovering which are faulty.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

That\'s a good idea, I\'d be able to tell if one is tricking the other into thinking theres a problem. Only issue is I don\'t have any resistors! I could always check the rear by switching the N/S and O/S over I suppose, but I suspect the fault lies with the N/S/F somewhere at the moment. Like I say, it\'s now second to getting the fecker started sadly :(
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Kitch wrote:Only issue is I don't have any resistors!
Maplins :D

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=341607

Even buying 4 you'll still have change from a Pound. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Yeah just found a load on eBay. Thinking about it, if all else fails I\'ll just put resistors on the sensors that are screwing the ABS up and just leave it. I\'d prefer to have it as it\'s something it should have from new, but no one actually needs it do they? Heres hoping!

First I\'m going to change my fuel pressure regulator and tacho relay to see if the basterd thing starts!

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Kitch wrote:Yeah just found a load on eBay. Thinking about it, if all else fails I'll just put resistors on the sensors that are screwing the ABS up and just leave it. I'd prefer to have it as it's something it should have from new, but no one actually needs it do they? Heres hoping!
That's a joke, right? :lol:

Not wise as ABS will likely operate on the wheels pulsing with working sensors and not the absent ones, hence those will lock and skid. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Way2go wrote:
Kitch wrote:Yeah just found a load on eBay. Thinking about it, if all else fails I\'ll just put resistors on the sensors that are screwing the ABS up and just leave it. I\'d prefer to have it as it\'s something it should have from new, but no one actually needs it do they? Heres hoping!
That\'s a joke, right? :lol:

Not wise as ABS will likely operate on the wheels pulsing with working sensors and not the absent ones, hence those will lock and skid. :wink:
It wasn\'t a joke, but being a bit more sober than I was I can now see your point! :lol:

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It wouldn't operate on only two wheels though, with a resistor strapped across it will keep the light off when stationary, but the light will come on when driving as the ABS wont detect any signal from whichever lead has the resistor on it, hence the aBS will go out of action.
Personally I'm not a fan of ABS on the BX, and if I could get an MoT on the valver without the ABS I'd remove it.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron wrote:It wouldn't operate on only two wheels though, with a resistor strapped across it will keep the light off when stationary, but the light will come on when driving as the ABS wont detect any signal from whichever lead has the resistor on it, hence the aBS will go out of action.
Aha! Sounds like you may have tried that one in the past. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

nope, my ABS on the valver didn't work when I bought the car, so I spent some time learning all about how shite the system is!
Bar a duff sensor a couple of years back (fixed within the week) it's been trouble free since 2003.
Still dont like it though.
The brakes always feel sharper on a non-ABS BX, and always have.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Yes I've noticed that, all my TGD's have had better feeling brakes than the TZD with ABS.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.