Wonky central locking!

BX Tech talk
mountainmanUK
Confirmed BX'er

Wonky central locking!

Post by mountainmanUK »

Hi,

Monica (my '93 TXD TD hatch) has developed an annoying habit!
All four doors unlock on the plip without problem, but when locking again, the drivers door just doesn't want to lock, so I have to use the key on it.

I'm assuming it will be a problem with the solenoid on the drivers door (or the associated wiring in the door).

Funny thing is, the 'master' solenoid seems to be fitted to the passenger door, as this is the door button that locks all four doors from inside. The drivers side door button will only lock the drivers door. :?

I plan to take off the door card and have a gander inside at weekend. Is there anything else that I should be checking while in there? :?: I know how eccentric this French electrickery can be!!

Thanks in advance.
Dave
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

My 16v does the exact same thing Dave, let me know your findings, I expect its something to do with the motor?

Mine does lock on the 2nd attempt.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
medwaycitroen
Confirmed BX'er

wonky central locking

Post by medwaycitroen »

hello

remember as well to check its getting a live feed, as the wires between the door and body can break inside their outer casing with many years of opening and shutting, not all that common but it does happen sometimes

thanks
remy
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

My TD's the same, and it's exactley what Remy says.
Could be a duff solonoid, but check the wiring in the rubber sleeve betwixt door and A pillar.

If it is the solonoid I can post you one up gratis.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mountainmanUK »

Thanks guys! I'll get back to you once I've had a sneaky peek inside. :D
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

When i lock my Estate with the key, removed the blipper as it was screwing up the alarm, also removed, it always unlocks every door and has to be relocked. Then it stays locked. An annoying habit but one i can live with as at least it works, eventually.

Andy
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

IIRC the push buttons lock via a switch rather than the solenoid itself.

On lower spec cars only the drivers door is fitted with the switch (hence only lock from inside with the drivers door). But, on higher spec models there is a switch fitted to both front doors and hence the C/L will trigger from either front door.

IIaRC it's a simple contact switch in the latching mech itself.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
mountainmanUK
Confirmed BX'er

Post by mountainmanUK »

Thanks Jay.
That makes a lot of sense for my TXD, as it would explain why it is the passenger door button which locks all four doors. Maybe I have had a wiring (or switch) problem all along with the drivers door, which has now become worse and now prevents the drivers door locking on plip?

I will thoroughly check all connections and wiring, especially around the rubber grommet at the hinge.

Like you say Grenman, it's no biggy, but would be nice to have it working correctly, if possible (without spending a bloody fortune!). :wink:
Cheers
Dave