Will BX wheels fit on a ZX?

BX Tech talk
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I got that with the Landy a couple of years back, when my boss told me he couldn't understand why I had it - that was the week before we were hit by those HUGE floods & I was one of the few that made it in :lol: :lol:

Having said that, I managed perfectly well with the GS in the snow last winter (once I changed the front tyres), and expect to do the same with the BX this winter, as I've just done the same to it :D .
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Well, the winter tyres - Bridgestones A001 - the last pair left in the country in November 2010 - did a pretty good job, but BX wheels are too shallow to fit on a ZX. They fouled the caliper alright, and I wasted 2 hours on Sunday fitting them all before realising that the front wheels weren't going to move.

It took 2 hours because Leo was "helping", by the way. A waste of time, but a laugh too.

Anyone got any old ZX wheels they don't want?
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

I did once see a BX with ZX volcane wheels on it.... it looked so wrong you wouldn't believe it! :shock: