Automatic Gearbox Filter

BX Tech talk
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

good luck to sooty from "over here"
We had a black and white chap turn up in the veg patch in august he was very shy and ferral .he then decided to move into the garage and crapped all over the place :shock: so we starved him out and put a bed in the shed for him . since then we have him wormed with the powder stuff on his food and he looks a lot better,then last week he started poking his head through the cat flap and was caught up on the worktop eating with the rest of the gang!
Then with the cold weather i decided to bring his bed into the utiltity room next to the radiator and he will now come in but will not stay in if you go into the room. He does need the vet as he has lost one of his fang teeth so i can only assume he was hit by a car,he has the most splendid set of whiskers and is a nice looking cat so what is he called?...whiskers one tooth :)
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Good on you Chris - hope tomorrow goes well.
=D> =D> =D>
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Thanks all.
I hope he'll be fine. The vet I found is considerably better than the first one I took him to see.
She seemed to be about 12 years old, drove a Merc and a 5 minute exam was £29 to be told, "cancer, £400 to operate, no guarentee's, better off putting him down"

Didn't much like that idea, so asked about and went to another vet, proper nice woman, much more hopeful and less charge, not that money is an issue really, if it was £10K I'd find it.
I like animals, infinitely more than people.
Sooty's hanging out on the sofa at the moment looking hungry, but I cant feed him, I have got a large supply of Tuna though since it's nice and soft, I imagine it'll take him a while to get used to having no teeth.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

You're a real animal Samaritan, Doc. 8)

I hope all goes well with the procedures and you get to spend a good & lengthy time together! :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

hope all go's well with Sooty today mate,

just hope the vet isnt like Matthew Corbett and tries to stick her finger up sootys arse
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

All went well, he's kept some of his teeth, the lump has been successfully removed and he behaved like a true gentleman throughout!

Got him back home and he was eating within three minutes, and already seems much happier in himself, i hadn't realised just how wnormous the lump was. No wonder he was struggling to eat to always had his tongue sticking out.

He's been exploring round the house a bit (hasn't done that before) and actually wandered over to say Hi when I came in from work.
Now sleeping on a chair in the kitchen by the radiator, so he's definitley sussed being indoors in this weather s better than living in a shed.

Worth every penny to see him bouncing around as opposed to hiding in a corner trying not to get in anyones way.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
paulwitchard
BXpert

Post by paulwitchard »

Great stuff - they have a remarkable ability to recover. It sounds as if he's come to the right place!
Our older cat was knocked down when she was little, and her whole chest, throat and jaw area really ripped about. The vet put her back together although it was touch and go, and within three days she was almost back to normal. She's still going strong about ten years later.
Paul in Normandy - BX 1992 Millesme 1.9D, 1999 Peugeot 806 2.1 TD (the Bus) - gone bang on the M25, in a scrapyard somewhere in the SE of England, 1985 Visa Decouvrable, 1990 Land Rover 110TD (Great Uncle Bulgaria),1999 Isuzu Trooper, 1991 Hymer motorhome with Peugeot J5TD power, and a shedfull of mopeds!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Blimey, that sounds horrific, Paul.
If that had been a persen I'd most likely think "oh well, too many people on the planet anyway" but pets are rather different, for me at least.

Sooty's still drooling a bit, but seems fine, eating and drinking, ok with taking his tablets, but I do wish he's venture round the house a bit more.
He's been upstairs just once and now doesn't seem fussed about the lounge again, just taken to hanging out in the kitchen on the chair by the radiator.
He's there when I go to work, and still there when I get back, he seems perfectly happy but I wish he'd make himself a bit more "at home" and make use of all of it really.

rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Congrats to you and Sooty. We've got a fair selection of fluffy loonies here, and will have more when I move. :)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk