Porous Speedlines

BX Tech talk
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

DavidRutherford wrote:If they wanted to find that leak, they could have. You simply immerse the entire tyre and wheel assembly in water and look for the stream of bubbles.
But is doing that (which I would have thought they could charge no more than 5-10 pounds for) less profitable than fitting tyres?

Cynical? Me?
Last edited by mat_fenwick on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Oscar wrote:I told you the rims were a bit porous when you bought it, you must have not been paying attention in all the excitement.

I've long resigned myself to putting some air in every week - part of my weekly checks.

When I asked the tyre factors they said that 5psi per week was too low for them to do anything about. Sounds like it's progressed a bit since then. The tyres are new-ish, I hope they can sort the rims.
I did remember, I just couldn't remember what you said the fix was :wink:

The tyres are not so new now thanks to my initial over-exuberance with the turbo. I think I've developed a more reserved driving manner at last. I think the tracking might be out a bit as the outsides are almost completely worn, or it could be running on low pressure I suppose.

I did have a routine of checking the tyres every week when I buy fuel, but the local scallys have taken to stealing the guns off of all the air hoses around here again. They've gotta get a couple of rocks somehow no doubt :? :evil: