rear brake hoses

BX Tech talk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

yeah, I bet the 2 under the engine on the pink car let go in the morning!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

I thought that was a clever touch by citroen to avoid having to use flexible, rubber, hoses at ~50Bar between the car body and the articulating suspension arm, to instead use a 'coiled spring' to get the required travel. Steve
Nat
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Nat »

so I've been looking into these flaring tools, they seem quite expensive, I'm just wondering if theirs anyone in the birmingham area that I could borrow a tool off rather than spending the £100 on the tool.

otherwise I will try making a tool, but that seems like hard work, do you think aluminium would be strong enough to make it from?

Thanks

Nat
1991 BX 4X4 GTI back on the road :)
rmattila
BXpert

Post by rmattila »

I doubt that aluminium woudn't be strong enough. But if you have access to even simple machine tools (= a drill, and preferably also a lathe to help making the punch holes exactly centered), it's not too much work to make one of those:

http://www.sitruunapatonki.fi/forum/dow ... &mode=view

There was a long(ish) discussion on the Finnish Citroën forum about a year ago, with several different ideas for a tool proposed, sketched and discussed. There (from page 2 onwards) you can also find the correct dimensions for the flare.
Speechless quad lying flat on his bed, communicating by moving eyes.
BX Van 1.9D -90 Gone.
BX Van 16S -90 For sale.
BX Van 1.9D -90 (Earned!) Gone.
BX Break 1.9D -90 (officially a "5 seat van" since 2005) Waiting to be towed to a new home.