remote central locking fob?

BX Tech talk
johnbird
BXpert

remote central locking fob?

Post by johnbird »

hi,just bought a diesel bx and im very happy with the way it drove home.first thought was it has the remote locking eye in the car but apparently has parted company from the fob at some point.how difficult/expensive is it please to source a new fob and get it coded to the car? thanks,john.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Be interested in the replies on this.

I got the fob and remote control unit for one BX and no fob for the other but the Fob does not work unless its got brand new batterys and smack on the windscreen near the device.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

new fobs are NLA, but you can program any fob to match the car, there are instructions on here how to do so.

I believe ZX fobs will work aswell.

There was a thread on here a while back about repairing the fob to improve the range of the IR, I think Electrokid had some idea's on it, but I can't find said thread right now!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
MalTZD
Confirmed BX'er

Post by MalTZD »

John,
The car has a Cobra alarm fitted, I think I may have a Cobra Fob in amongst my spares.
Give me a couple of days to sort out the spares that I have moved from the workshop and I will get back to you.
BX TZD
SAAB 99GL
Suzuki Alto
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

ok mal,cheers,john.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd