heater control bulbs

BX Tech talk
johnbird
BXpert

heater control bulbs

Post by johnbird »

as i drove home last night in my newly purchased bx i noticed that the illumination for the heater controls was defunct.
im a bit pedantic about stuff like this so after securing an early finish i set to to rectify the darkness.
deep joy of a job that turned out to be.after managing to chamfer off large swathes of skin from my right thumb and forefinger i managed to grt the right hand bulb in and working.the left was reluctant to join the new found brightness.i had to resort to the faq page and after discovering the wherabouts of the clips securing the dash simplified the task no end.
the bulb holder was broken so i had to find an old dash bulb-ironically from an old ax i broke for parts when the head gasket went at 175,000 miles-luckily it was a direct replacement.this was indeed fortunate as seven of my previously spare bulbs now reside down the back of the dash.no doubt some of them will work their way down to the footwell in the coming weeks.
filled the car tonight in celebration-took 44 litres-and my daughter has had a drive around the coop car park in it.she is struggling to see the beauty in the lines of the car that i do.......
the rev counter sprang into life today and has worked all day.any ideas why its intermittent?
i have transfered all my kit into it too so our adventure is truly underway.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd