more pictures of green stuff

BX Tech talk
johnbird
BXpert

more pictures of green stuff

Post by johnbird »

took these earlier as i was on the way out to halfrauds to buy some lhm fluid.
bit of a result there.got charged eight ponds something for 2 litres,was supposed to be 11.49 a litre. feeling a little guilty now....but not too much.............
do these shed any light on my leak? the dash light never came on whilst we drove 15 mile round trip looking for a motor factor who was open.....
that must mean not a pipe off? if it was i imagine it would lose the green stuff quicker?
seems to be coming from this area and dripping down the back of the engine.

04.jpg[/IMG]

gratuitous picture of the saab engine bay which got some much needed cleaning and inner wing polishing along with a freshly painted coil and bracket.just off to the shed now to top coat the overflow tank brackets.
hope someone can figure out where im leaking whilst im gone.thanks,john.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Hi John, welcome to the madhouse, as a new member can I just point you to this sticky.

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8432

As for the greenstuff, Get used to it! :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
rmattila
BXpert

Post by rmattila »

It sure looks (Fig #5) as if it were coming from the pump pressure pipe union. But you can never tell for sure except by actually looking at the situation live and judging by yourself.
Speechless quad lying flat on his bed, communicating by moving eyes.
BX Van 1.9D -90 Gone.
BX Van 16S -90 For sale.
BX Van 1.9D -90 (Earned!) Gone.
BX Break 1.9D -90 (officially a "5 seat van" since 2005) Waiting to be towed to a new home.
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

is that the union which looks like a brake pipe? screws into the pump body?-the pump im presuming being the part on the right which is driven by a v belt? looks to be a 10/11/12 spanner.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

ok mr defender,i have read the content of the link and im guessing that what i post is too long to fit on the screen or some similar problem? i read the whole thing but understood about twenty percent.
i can post pictures via a photobucket account the kids opened for me.i used to have instructions written down but can generally remember the steps required now.my wife bought me my own simple camera i can use.i download to my computer and to photobucket and then link the pic to here.ive no idea how it works or how to make the pic bigger or smaller or put arrows on to highlight stuff.same for ebay links,dont know how to call it something highlighted in blue for simplicity?
have i done something wrong?committed a forum fopar? im not sure what it is you refered me to?sorry. i surf the net all the time but have no clue how the computer its shown on works.
thats why i drive a lorry! if i could figure out how to put a smiley face in this post i would do it now! :)
there you go -teenagers can be helpful!
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

if the green stuff is only here as a result of me playing with the suspension height i can live with it.i will nip up that union anyway as a precaution. other than that im really happy with the car so far. radio 4 still working loud and clear..........
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

It's just that I can't read your post's without scrolling side to side, as for computer litracy I'm not brill myself. :wink:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

if you can tell me how to stop that i will try? is it easy to do? i have never managed to resize a picture or have an avatar picture work on any of the car web forum sites i look in on! the bodys willing but the mind is weak!
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
rmattila
BXpert

Post by rmattila »

johnbird wrote:is that the union which looks like a brake pipe? screws into the pump body?-the pump im presuming being the part on the right which is driven by a v belt? looks to be a 10/11/12 spanner.
That's the union, but as I said, it's very difficult to tell based on just a picture.

There also seems to be another pipe (unfamiliar to me) with a physical contact with the pump pressure pipe. That shouldn't be, even though it probably isn't the cause for this leak we're now talking about.
Speechless quad lying flat on his bed, communicating by moving eyes.
BX Van 1.9D -90 Gone.
BX Van 16S -90 For sale.
BX Van 1.9D -90 (Earned!) Gone.
BX Break 1.9D -90 (officially a "5 seat van" since 2005) Waiting to be towed to a new home.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

johnbird wrote:if you can tell me how to stop that i will try? is it easy to do? i have never managed to resize a picture
When you are on Photobucket you should see a link marked 'Customize your upload options'

Click on this and select 800x600 which will automatically resize your photos as you upload to a size which should fit on most screens.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

hi,i have been to the photobucket account and looked for the option you mentioned but its not there? i recruited the eldest daughter-nearest thing to IT we have in the home!-and she cannot find it either.do i need the pro option? sorry..............
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

No, you don't need the pro version - when you go to the upload screen you should see something like this:

The option I described is at the middle at the bottom.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

thats absolutely superb,thankyou sir.a picture tells a thousand words.found it right away,lovely job. hope that stops the looooooooooong lines of writing now? i have saved that size as the default setting now.only taken me three years to master that!!
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

The tip under the green select button is a must if selecting more than one picture too. tip; Hold down CTRL to select multiple files
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

not sure exactly what you posted there ,but flushed with the success of resizing my pictures im not attempting any more complicated computer related manouvres today!
look at the mess over excitement with my up and down knob caused......now ive got a green mess on the drive that needs washing..............
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd