bx piping

BX Tech talk
Nat
Confirmed BX'er

bx piping

Post by Nat »

Hi

I'm going to be replacing the piping on the bx after the curley pipes at the back have gone (mentioned in another post) and because I can't get one of them I was going to make them (I've now made a tool that may work)

I was just thinking I may as well buy enough piping to replace any other pipes that may go in the future rather than getting just enough now and then going through the hassle of getting more later.

in which case how much piping is there in the BX and how much is likely to go? just wondering whats a sensible amount to get. along with how many seals and connectors to get.

in away I'd rather do more now and then not have to worry later etc... it always seems easier to do it all at once than to keep having bleeding the pipes etc...

also is it worth getting some 4.5mm and 6.35mm pipes and fitting too...
1991 BX 4X4 GTI back on the road :)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Don't know how much pipe is on a BX but, the ones that need changing are usually

All 4 front to rears.
Both rear brake pipes
Both rear suspension pipes.

The front brake pipes don't go often but it'll give you peace of mind if you change them, both front suspension pipes rarely fail but they can and do rust under the clamp near the strut top on the inner wings.