Dropped passenger door

BX Tech talk
jet_black

Dropped passenger door

Post by jet_black »

can anybody help my front near side door has dropped, when I bought my bx it had had a crude repair done to the upright door pillar where the top hinge attaches it had rotted through and been welded now this weld has begun to break and the door has dropped. Is there a replacement panel or any other ideas of a repair for this problem. I'll take a picture when it is lighter outside and post it up so you can see what I mean.

richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

I dont think there are replacement panels for the pillars. I suppose you could cut a repair section from a scrapper if you can find one or what ive had to do is take the front wing off and rebuild the top of the existing pillar as neatly as poss.Its a very common fault.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The panels are listed but I'd guess the chances of getting one would be pretty remote. Gibbo.

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I cut out the rot and welded in a 3mm plate on the valver, invisible repair, and it'll NEVER drop again!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Yep, as the Doc says, a MIG welder is going to be your friend here. If you intend to get seriously involved with classic car ownership, investing in MIG welding skills will save you a fortune.

Either that or have babies with someone who already HAS one! :shock: :lol:
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Linegeist wrote: Either that or have babies with someone who already HAS one! :shock: :lol:
I would like to make it quite clear from the outset that I am not available for this position and would ask that you refraim from putting my name on a list of possible contenders. Thanking you.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Y'know Kev .... you are SUCH a tease! :shock: :shock: :shock: :?

:wink: :lol: