Rear Brake Back plates

BX Tech talk
Mothman

Rear Brake Back plates

Post by Mothman »

Hi all,
Are these things still available? Mine are knackered and full of holes. Can you still get them?
If not, is there a member who has a couple of reasonably good ones they can let me have that i can clean up and de rust? They are for an Estate if this makes any difference.

Andy
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

I got some from Citroen a couple of years ago, don't think they were that expensive. I don't have the part number to hand but might be able to dig it out if you're having trouble. Had to get the bolts and nuts (seperate IIRC) as well from them.

Mine fell apart when removing. Someone on the forum also suggested a similar plate could be cut from galvanised steel using the old ones as a template.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
rmattila
BXpert

Post by rmattila »

Part number is 95 630 820, but unfortunately they are not manufactured anymore. I've made new ones from Volvo 740 plates:

Someone told me that Xantia plates would be an even better starting point, but I haven't yet tried that myself.
Speechless quad lying flat on his bed, communicating by moving eyes.
BX Van 1.9D -90 Gone.
BX Van 16S -90 For sale.
BX Van 1.9D -90 (Earned!) Gone.
BX Break 1.9D -90 (officially a "5 seat van" since 2005) Waiting to be towed to a new home.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

sorry :oops: i thought you meant the little square plates that cover the rear pads access point.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
djm666
BXpert

bx back plates

Post by djm666 »

xantia ones do fit with slight mod. i made my own from cx ones once. but had to spend a lot of time cutting.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
Mothman

Re: bx back plates

Post by Mothman »

xantia ones do fit with slight mod. i made my own from cx ones once. but had to spend a lot of time cutting.

Cheers for that bud,

the the ones on my scrapper are shot ile contact my local Citroen dealer.

Andy