Small low pressure hyraulic pipes.

BX Tech talk
ginger dave

Small low pressure hyraulic pipes.

Post by ginger dave »

Can someone tell me the O/Dia of the 2 small rubber pipes on a BX that push fit onto the fluid reservoir.The pipes are splitting cars in France im in UK and i need to move the car on next visit to do a proper repair so a temporary botch is needed.ie need to push fit some larger bore pipe over existing.Am i making sense?Thanks
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Got to be more specific than that!

There are several and differing sizes going to the reservoir. If its the ones that fed the octopus or the oil back harness then I found inserting some pieces of the clear return piping works.
ginger dave

Post by ginger dave »

kiwi wrote:Got to be more specific than that!

There are several and differing sizes going to the reservoir. If its the ones that fed the octopus or the oil back harness then I found inserting some pieces of the clear return piping works.

Yep thats the ones im referring to,problem is they are so brittle that they split if anything is inserted,therefor got to be O/D temporary fix.
djm666
BXpert

return lines to tank

Post by djm666 »

i would carry a few joiners and electrical tape as if the are not big enough you can do a bodge repair to get them to fit till you get home.
as long as it can flow the return back to the tank you will be fine.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

cut the split sections off then cut a short section back a bit more, and join with a length of 3.5 kunifer,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)