BX TGD - Shimmy/Vibration/Harmonic at +30mph.

BX Tech talk
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

so you left the Partner up on stands in the showroow whilst you test drove the wheels :lol:

if you are haveing the lower engine mout and O/S drive shaft off, this would be the best time to do the pussy,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
kk-kolonel

Post by kk-kolonel »

Yeah I test drove the van - swapped wheels for BX rims - returned the van and walked away.. HAH

Yeah thats badass and how I roll.. LOL
'91 BX TGD - sold then brought back and found to be in a very rough condition - has gone to the great chevron in the sky but had to be done to keep my other 2 on the road
'91 BX TZD - daily driver
'93 BX TZD - recent purchase making into a very tidy example
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Do the symptoms reappear at 60-70mph? I had something similar on my XM. i could feel it very mildly at 35mph on a smooth road, but more at 70-75mph, i had the wheels balanced a couple of times, and swapped front and back but never got to the bottom of it. I had a theory based on what a guy in Nottingham had told me in the place that fitted two new front tyres - the rubber mould on the ones i had on the back (fairly cheap) is not aligned by machine and so can be slightly out, which can cause slight vibrations sometimes. I would have known if i'd got them changed but i sold the car on.

I've never felt that tho on BXs - my 1st i got with severly 'gone' rear arm bearings, they groaned like something else. My current BX will need one side doing probably in about 10,000 miles, there is a slight lean there already.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon