Rtn pipe from pressure reg/correctors to reservoir (petrol)

BX Tech talk
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Rtn pipe from pressure reg/correctors to reservoir (petrol)

Post by mnde »

I've been given two part numbers for this pipe based on Rp number:

>5167 (1st Jan 1991) = 95 603 421
5167> = 96 119 048

My car is Rp 5113

Can anyone rustle up pictures of these?
Does anyone know whether the newer part can be used to replace the old?

Cheers,

Mark.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i have not worked out how to copy images from service citroen yet,
but both pipes look the same appart from the first one ending 421 has a junction bonded into the lower section just before the end,

looks to me if it is long enough you could lop off the end just up from the bonded junction, or just plug the junction/branch off

if they are still avalible
the first one
95603421 is £77.04

and the second one
96119048 is £68.59

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Malcolm wrote
i have not worked out how to copy images from service Citroën yet,
It is possible to make a temporary link to the images but once your 'session has expired' with the site the link is broken. Unfortunately I am not very computer savvy so I can't work it out either.
It would actually be good to capture all the images and parts data on Service Citroen for reference before they disappear somewhere. They would be a great resource for us here. I have printed several of them and put them in a file.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

Screengrabs? (i.e. a screenshot - Ctrl+PrtScn)

That's what I did to get some images off the Bosal website recently.

I've seen a photo on another forum of the first one 95603421

Looks like the two long thin arms are the height corrector returns (connected to somewhere near the bulkhead - where?) and at the other end the short stub fits on the PR and the other goes to the steering return?

I'm told all petrol BXs have the same pipe (with a changeover from one part number to the other as above on 1st Jan 1991), but do diesels have a different pipe and is it compatible or not?

Cheers,

Mark
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i think one of the two long ones goes to the dosure valve,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

Nope - I've consulted a diagram and the long tentacles go to the front and rear height corrector returns respectively. So I can see where one attaches to the front HC from a piccie I found, then I assume the other one attaches to a long rigid pipe that travels under the car to the rear HC...

At the other end, the short stub on the T piece attaches to the pressure regulator and the remaining pipe goes to the pinion valve return.

Now Doc tells me this pipe is NLA from Citroen (diesels have a different pipe that isn't interchangeable) and is trying to source me one - thankyou!!

The question is, if such parts are no longer available from Citroen, what are BX owners to do?

Is the clear plastic hose, such as used for windscreen washer hose, compatible with LHM or not?

Otherwise I can only see that such return pipes will have to be made up from several lengths of Citroen LHM rubber hose joined together with specially made cunifer T-pieces - or plastic ones? Which plastics are compatible with LHM? And of course you'd need a special end piece for where the hose fits onto the reservoir....

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Mark.
Brian
BXpert

Post by Brian »

Hi Mark,

I have a similar problem on the TZD, this has 3 small diameter pipes connecting to the main pipe just right of the LHM tank, and have been assembled so that the pipes bend through 90 deg, which has put undue strain on the rubber.

I have managed to sffect a temporary repair using 4mm od ptfe pipe from a mig welder. "Pic below"

I am looking into a more effective DIY repair using push fit connectors and nylon pipe, will post some picies of the work in progress.

But I am waiting to see if the seals on the connectors will withstand prolonged use of LHM fluid.