1.9 n/a tuning

BX Tech talk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

1.9 n/a tuning

Post by Philip Chidlow »

OK, not tuning as such, but given that my 1.9 diesel seems to be under-performing, and giving suspiciously good emissions readings - even at 157000 miles, I have been told it might not be getting quite the optimum amount of fuel. Otherwise it runs like a dream with no uneven idling or hesitation...

First place to look might be the pump? (Bosch).

Or just live with it?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

Hi Phil - there is a lot of technical info out there on the Bosch VE pump especially in the american VW community - Golf/Jetta/Rabbits! There is a fuel adjustment screw which you can use to increase fuelling - see http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/ve-in ... 17456.html - fourth from last picture - the adjustment screw in the centre above the stop solenoid. The BX pump shoudl be pretty similar. Small adjustment like 1/8 - 1/4 turn max may help. I can't remember which way goes richer on fuel. Steve
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i had my old 1.9N/A D gass flowed/portted, after which she did not have any more top end to speak of, but accelarated up a lot quicker through the gears,

she would also run in 4th gear at 30mph with smoothly,

drove on a sniff of derv,

not the she didnt drive well before hand as she did,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Had a similar problem with a car of mine albeit a petrol one, the emissions were too lean (had been fiddled with for the MOT), it was fine on choke but a bit gutless otherwise. Also I imagine running it too lean wont do it much good. A quick twirl of the adjustment screw and voila.

I would try and getting it adjusted up a bit and see if that makes a difference.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....