Wiper motor/linkage

BX Tech talk
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Wiper motor/linkage

Post by Dollywobbler »

Just attempted to remove the wiper assembly from the Mk1, but got a bit stuck (not helped by it getting dark! I want my garage back!).

Tried following the Haynes BOL so off with the wiper arm, big nut and the scuttle trim panel. Undid two 13mm bolts but there must be something else holding it. (wiring and washer both disconnected). Where am I going wrong?

Question two is what to do once I've got it off. It's got hideous play that has the wiper almost hitting the bonnet! What's the best way to get rid of the play?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Wiper motor/linkage

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote: Question two is what to do once I've got it off. It's got hideous play that has the wiper almost hitting the bonnet! What's the best way to get rid of the play?
Easiest way mate it to swop it for another motor, my DTR needs one too as its flaps about!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

also there are three bolts holding in place,
you have probable removed the two you can see,
the one you cant see is high up under the scutle to the right hand side when looking from under the bonnet,

the other thing you could do is take it to an enginering shop to see if they can re/bush it,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ah, I got the scuttle one, and one of the bulkhead ones. There must be another one I didn't find. This was a silly job to attempt in failing light...

Re-bushing sounds like an option, though I haven't yet found anywhere local that can do that sort of thing (actually, local to here the only businesses are the village shop, a couple of cafes and a hotel - no help at all!).

If anyone's got a good wiper motor assembly, do let me know!
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

do a googly search for a local general enginering company,

you might be supprised were they can be found, farm buildings, down country lanes who knows,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Thanks. Not going to get chance to sort it before NEC as it pee'd down for most of today.