Can the HP be overhauled?

BX Tech talk
axbx
Confirmed BX'er

Can the HP be overhauled?

Post by axbx »

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, could not find anything on it tho...
The hydraulic pump on my 1,7 trd is working hard, as in when the pump engages in building pressure, I can hear and feel the revs in the engine slows down(most notably in low speeds..)

The pump does the job just fine except for the noise and obvious wear, but I would like to know if it is possible to fix the pump? And is there parts for it available?
I have seen overhauled pumps for sale on ebay, but I have never found anywhere that can supply parts for it.. does anyone here know if there are parts to get for it/where to get them?

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

If the pump is working hard, would that not suggest that your problem is more likely with the accumulator sphere or regulator?
What is your "tick" time? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Somewhere back in the forum threads there was a description with pictures of how to do it.

You'll need to do a search for it though unless someone can provide a link,
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I think the problem is sourcing the parts although they must be available if plaides etc. Are still doing them.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

axbx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by axbx »

Yes my main concern is wheter parts are available.
Is the walkthrough in this thread applicable to a diesel HP(they are not completely the same is all I have heard, are they very different?)

My tictime is very short, and when I recently changed the main accu.sphere for a new one, I tightened the bleed-screw on the regulator way to hard, and suddenly came this nasty sound and the breaking of the engine when pump kicks in.
I figured the pump was damaged from this, as it is the pump that makes the rattling noise, but I will also be changing the regulator when I can find one.....
Maybe just change regulator first and see how it behaves then?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

If the tick-time is very short then there is little or no buffering from the accumulator so the hydraulic load on the pump is too high. It sounds as if the membrane in the accumulator coincidentally ruptured while you were tightening the bleed screw.

Maybe get the accumulator tested or replace it again? Is the ball(valve) clean & seating correctly?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
axbx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by axbx »

The ball and seat is probably not in good condition after i thigthened the bleed screw way too much, can this cause my problems?

I tested another accusphere and the problems were the same..