Gti throttle profile

BX Tech talk
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Gti throttle profile

Post by maxgreenwood »

I noticed the GTi's throttle has two alternative throttle cable grooves slightly different in shape, which I rightly guessed would change throttle response: I discovered the cable can be moved over and because the shape is different the throttle opens quicker when depressing the pedal which I think is better.

The question is, does anything else need to be changed along with this, I think throttle opening controls everything else in the engine management? Ie. there is no accelerator pedal sensor to take into account or anything?
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Could the unused one be for the auto throttle kick down cable?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

That hadn't occurred to me but yes, maybe, thinking about my old xm. Anyway I prefer the throttle response with it moved across. Kicks in with less pedal movement. I hope it's ok to drive like that. Dropping by the garage tomorrow so I'll get the low down.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon