heater taps

BX Tech talk
Mickey taker
Over 2k

heater taps

Post by Mickey taker »

Jay w had a look at the car on Sunday and feels that it Definitely appears to be the return valve on the heater tap jammed closed, He managed to get got water in to the matrix but it's not flowing out thus not circulating.

I'm probably being over hopeful here but peugeot 405 heater controls look the same as BX ones to me, do's that mean they share the same heater matrix and tap system as the BX as well ?

failing that is anyone scrapping a bx with a working heater tap ?
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

As per the 'dark'side, i'll post you this tap i have here now i'm back in blighty. The 405 pipes and block are different from memory.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

thank you Vanny, you have saved my bacon as the golf should be going this w/end so the BX will be my daily, do you still have my postal address ?
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

If i send it to

Big ugly golf lover
Milton Keynes

will it make it?

If not, you'd better send me the address again. You also realise i have to go out to the garage again :(
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

nah mate that will go to my son Chris :lol:
I'll pm the addy to you.
And you love your garage its nice and warm
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i had this syndrom on my old 1.9D for the first couople of years, on stripping the valve gear down i found two OXO cubes (hard compacked dogy pellet), one in each valve,

the heater worked fine that year but the same happend the following year,

the third year all was working as it should,

so previous owners had obviously over dosed the poor old girl to stop coolant leaks,

i did have to fit a new engine rad when i first got her as it was in a bad way,

trgards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

A great big Thank you to Vanny who braved the snow and the Milton Keynes roundabouts to fit the heater tap he had for me, we now have a nice warm bx.

similar situation to Malcolm, rusty gunk had blocked the area where the valve blades drop into stopping the valve from opening.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6