head lights caution !

BX Tech talk
tzd
BXpert

head lights caution !

Post by tzd »

well, I put the light back in this morning and have been to Manchester and back in some quite foul weather and the light is still there and working.

kev
It isn't just a car it is a BX and it's my BX. Long live the BX.
Oilyspanner
BXpert

Post by Oilyspanner »

I have had a few come off over the years, silicone always worked fine for me, just clean and dry both surfaces and go for it. might be a good idea to pop the headlamp off and do it indoors this weather though. I have probably got a lamp if you need one.
The beatings will continue until morale improves
tzd
BXpert

head lights caution !

Post by tzd »

hi oilyspanner,
thank you for the offer but it seems like it has worked with silicone. I sharpened the end of a 3mm screwdriver and used that to clear out all of the old adhesive, leaving a clean channel for the silicone to do its job.
I did it in the house and put the headlamp in front of a blow heater for the day to make sure it had cured.
Seems ok for now.
I noticed the other side needs doing so I may be doing this in the next few days.

cheers kev.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Dont Mk 1 headlights come with a sort of clip holding the glass to the plastic frame? Ime sure i have seen one like this.

Andy
tzd
BXpert

head lights caution !

Post by tzd »

Hi Andy,
I'm not sure about the mark 1 ? Mines a mark 2 and it doesn't have any.

Kev
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Hi Kev,

ime sure ive got one somewhere and it has 4 metal clips holding the glass to the plastic which should sort the problem. I just assumed it was a Mk 1.

Andy