Window seals

BX Tech talk
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Window seals

Post by Dollywobbler »

I need to build up the doors that have kindly been provided by Tim as they've been stripped. One of the things I need most urgently, and can't transfer from the old doors (because they're knackered) is the window seals - the channel that the window runs up/down in. Anyone got any ideas on where to get hold of them and anything I should know about fitting them?
NeilGP
BXpert

Post by NeilGP »

Check http://www.automobiletrim.com/window-channel.html

The standard citroen ones are just push in the channel, I know as the right angle bend on my drivers door is two seperate channels and the vertical channel keeps sliding down the window channel and I had to tak it with copydex.
I'm fairly sure that the BX is 6mm glass.
Neil
A476 RBX
Series 1 BX 16TRS
+ 2015 C4 Flair (boring compared to BX!)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Nice link. Thanks. I'll get measuring!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I've got a couple of spares your welcome too. One front and one rear.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Are they sided? Front right is most urgent (seeing as that's MY window!). Actually, thinking about it, I guess they're not sided. We'll have to try and meet up again at some point. I might get those door stays off at some point this week (but not tomorrow). Incidentally - there's no stay on one of the front doors.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Ian

Dont worry about the door stays, I meant to tell you, the doors I bought all had them on so no need now.

You welcome to the window seal, its a bit old but in one piece and as far s I remember the DTR didnt leak.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ah, that makes life easier - especially as the door stays are knackered on my doors! I'll try and work out when I'm next over your way - given how damp my right ear just got on the drive home, I'd better sort this out before too long!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:Ah, that makes life easier - especially as the door stays are knackered on my doors! I'll try and work out when I'm next over your way - given how damp my right ear just got on the drive home, I'd better sort this out before too long!
I can post it if that helps, just need to find it. So this is a window seal not a door seal!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

It is indeed a window seal. Am exploring other options for the door seal via this very forum.