Weeping height corrector

BX Tech talk
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Weeping height corrector

Post by Jaba »

My BX here in the Alps has been trying my patience and loyalty this winter. I do not fix cars in the snow and cold.

First the rear silencer dropped off. Fixed for 180EUR !!ff**

Then a front wheel bearing failed and became incredibly noisy. I fixed this myself by bringing out a replacement front hub as I did not want to pay another huge bill.

Then a front caliper stopped auto adjusting the hand brake until the handbrake started slipping when the handbrake lever ran out of travel. So once again I fitted a replacement brought out from the UK.

Now everything is ok except I have a slight weep on the rear h/c. Last year it was dripping a bit as the return hose had perished. I fixed this by fitting a new piece of hose and it was ok for months after this.
As far as I can see now all the connections are good and it appears to be leaking from the body, it is wet all round the end cover.

Does anyone have experience of these and have an idea what might need doing to sort this out. Can it be a punctured diaphragm when it is still working normally ? It is a very slight leak. Perhaps one small drip every 2 or 3 days but I think I should sort it before I join the challenge.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

here is price and part No.'s of all the parts of which some only might be required

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
5410406 AJUSTER RING 2.69 GBP 3.23 GBP 3.23 GBP

5410407 CORRECTOR CUP 2.88 GBP 3.46 GBP 3.46 GBP

5410408 CORRECTOR CUP 3.60 GBP 4.32 GBP 4.32 GBP

5410732 CORR DIAPHRAGM 3.41 GBP 4.09 GBP 4.09 GBP

obviously these cars are getting older now, but the usual reason i used to find for the diaphragm's to leak was people levering the linkage to get it moving if it were seized,

in doing this they leverd against the rubber dusrt cover which in turn damaged both the dust cover and the diaphragm,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Thanks for that Malcolm. I will have to have a good look at it when I can. In the meantime the leak is so small it is not a problem. A nuisance though nevertheless.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

it might ecven be worth kniping the pipe nurts a tinny bit

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)