An opportunity to buy the brake valve, doseur

BX Tech talk
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

An opportunity to buy the brake valve, doseur

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

Hi guys, we have realy such problem: in Ukraine, Russia etc. we can't buy the gidraulic brake valve, the official dealers says that Citroen company stopped to sale them all over the world :twisted: . Is it real situation? Can you make an order to buy them, how do you fight wiht Citroen company??
Last edited by -=RAMZES=- on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toddao
BXpat

Re: An opportunity to buy the brake valve

Post by toddao »

Ramzes, if you are referring to the brake safety valve or doseur, you can still buy the seals from Citroen to repair them.

The strip and re-build is detailed here.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

toddao wrote:Ramzes, if you are referring to the brake safety valve or doseur, you can still buy the seals from Citroën to repair them.

The strip and re-build is detailed here.
YES, I'm talking about doseur, but no one seals help to repair it when its body worn out. When you brakes and the doseur sizzle, and the rear of car fall down during of 10 minutes. I'd like to know is there any opportunity to buy it NEW???
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

What exactly is worn out on the body? I took a very high mileage one apart and all the slides were perfect, it was only the seals that had degraded. Have you taken yours apart?

I have seen one or two new old stock ones for sale on Ebay and they always sold for a lot of €€€s. You cannot buy them new but I'm sure that Pleides in Uk sell re-conditioned ones.
Todd

-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

toddao wrote:What exactly is worn out on the body? I took a very high mileage one apart and all the slides were perfect, it was only the seals that had degraded. Have you taken yours apart?

I have seen one or two new old stock ones for sale on Ebay and they always sold for a lot of €€€s. You cannot buy them new but I'm sure that Pleides in Uk sell re-conditioned ones.
I wish we have a service as yours))))there good description of problem: " Symptoms of brake valve failure can be recognised as (A) External leakage (B) Car sinks rapidly at back." our slides are worned out(( how much does it cost rebuild doseur in UK??? what life-time does it have??
toddao
BXpat

Re: An opportunity to buy the brake valve, doseur

Post by toddao »

I have never bought anything from Pleides but one of our members - Kitch - bought a doseur from them. A two year guarantee is mentioned on the website. Probably best to give them a phone call.
Todd

-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

toddao wrote:I have never bought anything from Pleides but one of our members - Kitch - bought a doseur from them. A two year guarantee is mentioned on the website. Probably best to give them a phone call.
Could you be so kind to give all contact information... because i am in Ukraine and i think it would be better to contact in e-mail or skype..
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I don't have any contact phone or email for them but hopefully someone here will be able to help you out with those.
Todd

-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

toddao wrote:I don't have any contact phone or email for them but hopefully someone here will be able to help you out with those.
Thank you for your feedback!!!!! beers :-D
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

-=RAMZES=- wrote:Hi guys, we have really such problem: in Ukraine, Russia etc. we can't buy the hydraulic brake valve, the official dealers says that Citroën company stopped to sale them all over the world :twisted: . Is it real situation? Can you make an order to buy them, how do you fight with Citroën company??
There was one on E-BAY recently which had zero bids on it (the listing ended on 19-05-12) !

I suggest you contact the SELLER to see if they could help you out with a buy it now (So long as their happy to send abroad), its worth a try 'If you don't ask you don't get' :wink:

I hope you get sorted out !

:)

-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

RxBX wrote:
-=RAMZES=- wrote:Hi guys, we have really such problem: in Ukraine, Russia etc. we can't buy the hydraulic brake valve, the official dealers says that Citroën company stopped to sale them all over the world :twisted: . Is it real situation? Can you make an order to buy them, how do you fight with Citroën company??
There was one on E-BAY recently which had zero bids on it (the listing ended on 19-05-12) !

I suggest you contact the SELLER to see if they could help you out with a buy it now (So long as their happy to send abroad), its worth a try 'If you don't ask you don't get' :wink:

I hope you get sorted out !

:)

Thanks for information but i'd like to buy from reliable persons...from true companies or persons with good recomendations of you...
I don't trust to internet sellers...
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

CITROEN SERVICE AND REPAIR
Pleiades
contact Martin on
01487 831239
Email
pleiades@tes.co.net

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Should that be tesco.net rather than tes.co.net?
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

citronut wrote:Citroën SERVICE AND REPAIR
Pleiades
contact Martin on
01487 831239
Email
pleiades@tes.co.net

regards malcolm
Great thanks to you!!!
-=RAMZES=-
Confirmed BX'er

Post by -=RAMZES=- »

Dollywobbler wrote:Should that be tesco.net rather than tes.co.net?
???? :D