Dismantled BX seat squab

BX Tech talk
frog
BXpert

Re: Dismantled BX seat squab

Post by frog »

Hi guys, Sorry I still can't work out how the lumbar support works
Here's a spare (broken) seat of mine I took apart to investigate:

I can't see where the lumbar support is or what controls it.

The winder on the left side of the seat back controls the side bolsters (kidney squishers); it operates the left side bolster directly and operates the right side bolster via a cable that runs across the back of the back rest.

In the photo you can see this cable is disconnected and just plugged into the right side bolster control.

The right side bolster on this seat is fixed in the inward position because the winder mechanism that the cable threads into is broken. I took the seat apart in the hopes that if it was broken I could just fix the bolster in an intermediate position. But unfortunately I can't see how to do that as the seat seems to have been welded as it was assembled.

Here is the winder mechanism on the right side bolster:

In contrast to that of the left side bolster:

In the picture of the left side you can see what seems to be a nylon? block with the winder threading through middle, and the metal frame of the side bolster support arm slotting into it in the vertical plane.
On the right side the threaded block is broken and the metal frame of the side bolster looks like it's bent.

Anyway, I got sidetracked talking about my broken seat. Still can't find the lumbar support, maybe Australian delivered cars didn't have it?
1989 Citroën BX 16v
1993 Citroën BX 16v project
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Re: Dismantled BX seat squab

Post by Vanny »

I see why your having a problem understanding the lumbar mechanism, you dont have one! Very weird.