BX Mk1 foglamps

BX Tech talk
bowei001
Confirmed BX'er

BX Mk1 foglamps

Post by bowei001 »

I'm new to this group but I have had a 1986 BX 16TRS Auto (Mk1) since new and I want to fit foglamps to it. Does anyone know whether the foglamp housings are the same for a Mk 1 and a MK2? I think that the foglamps I need are yellow Cibies but are these the same fittings as the later lamps for the Mk2 (which seem to be colourless). Does anyone have any appropriate housings and/or lamps that they want to get rid of? My Mk 1 parts microfiche isn't being any help, only confusing me more!
Ian
citronut
Over 2k

Re: BX Mk1 foglamps

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

i have just taken over a D reg MK1 diesel Auto with front fogs fitted which to me look OE and they have clear lens's,

i did have a GTI front bumper in my shed which had fogs attached i will see if i can dig it out at the week end

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
bowei001
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bowei001 »

Thanks Malcolm, your D reg must have been just about the last Mk1 available before the MK2 arrived.
Ian
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Ian

They are different from a Mk1 to a Mk2 if you go on what was fitted as standard to a GT, they are fitted to a metal bracket that bolts to the front panel and not the bumper itself (which is very flimsy) and are different design to Mk2 cars, but are the same as ZX/306 (Cibie Iode).

The yellow fogs were never fitted to UK cars afaik.

A few years ago a friend of mine and I went to the south coast were a BX GT was being scrapped, and Andy Jones (artic-steel is his username on here) purchased the fog lamps and there mountings of the scrap car, he may still have them?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Ian if you type "cibie" into eBay listing some usually come up for sale. Also someone is doing reproduction lights for pug 205's.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
bowei001
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bowei001 »

Thanks for the info, Tim & Mark. I'll search ebay and go round some local breakers looking for some 305/205s.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ok Ian, you need the brackets though! Ive texted andy to see if he still has any
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Or there's this option.. saw one for sale on leboncoin.fr last year for €60

Welcome along by the way. You've had your BX since new! That's great. Any chance of some photos?

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

Roverman wrote:Hi Ian

They are different from a Mk1 to a Mk2 if you go on what was fitted as standard to a GT, they are fitted to a metal bracket that bolts to the front panel and not the bumper itself (which is very flimsy) and are different design to Mk2 cars, but are the same as ZX/306 (Cibie Iode).

A few years ago a friend of mine and I went to the south coast were a BX GT was being scrapped, and Andy Jones (artic-steel is his username on here) purchased the fog lamps and there mountings of the scrap car, he may still have them?
Thats handy info for me as well...My MK1 GT is minus one clear driving light so will trawl ebay to see if i can find a pair from a ZX or 306
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Afaik its the original 306 92-96/96 that had them (XSI etc), they changed them after the facelift.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

2BXORNOT2BX wrote:
Roverman wrote:Hi Ian

Thats handy info for me as well...My MK1 GT is minus one clear driving light so will trawl ebay to see if i can find a pair from a ZX or 306
Also try searching for ones which were also fitted to the Pug's 205/309 too :wink:

If you only needing the lens/reflector unit, there's one on E-BAY but unfortunately its a Fog type, but I thought I'd post it up anyway in-case someone else may need one ?

:)

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

RxBX wrote:Also try searching for ones which were also fitted to the Pug's 205/309 too
205 lights are different, and are purely rectangular.

309 lights are different again, and I think are the same as BX Mk2s

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
bowei001
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bowei001 »

There seem to be a lot of similar foglamps around. Are these the type of lamp and the type of fitting on a MK1 BX? I found this Cibie model 35 on ebay but the seller only has one (and lives in Cyprus!).

B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

I just need the bezel and glass.

Of interest too, the good light that I have is a Cibie 35 but the Bezel/reflector is Valeo 067535 and has a date stamp of May '95 on it..

They really are not inexpensive I note, much more than I thought they'd be...

Also Seems like this driving light was a fitment to the Aston Martin Lagonda..
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

They look the sort, not sure about the fittings mind, the reflectors in the ones on the GT are rubbish so if anyone has any I am happy to purchase!