Who wants 20 quid?

BX Tech talk
B-Hive
BXpert

Who wants 20 quid?

Post by B-Hive »

Am needing a pair of tensioner bearings for the MK1's. and a pair of front indicators (preferably new, as recently advertised on ebay)
Our local prices a bit gougy and ebay UK sellers seem not keen to send out of UK.

Can anyone please buy for me a pair of decent quality tensioner bearings and MK1 front indicators and them post them to me in Oz. (I will pay up front)

What ever the cost is I will swing you an extra 20 quid for your troubles..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Indicator-Cit ... _500wt_717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Indicator-Cit ... _500wt_717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alternatively I could buy them an have them sent to your address, and for the same "fee" I'll get you to post them to me.
If that being the case are there brands of tensioners to avoid or go for?

Edit : Being the impulsive person I am I have actually just bought the indicators, and will work back from there!!! (stupid impulsive red wine behaviour) but they were so cheap and new..

The TRS will donate her front indicators to the recently bruised GT, and so she will fittingly have a pair of new lenses to match her freshness..

Isolated MK1s GT and TRS will be eternally thankful,, and me as well

Thanks crew
Last edited by B-Hive on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
mat_fenwick

Re: Who wants 20 quid?

Post by mat_fenwick »

No problem - £20 is too much though! I'll try and search for some decent tensioners, but if you want to search yourself then Gates and Dayco are good names. I can try and get a dealer price although they may need a chassis number.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

mat_fenwick wrote:No problem - £20 is too much though! I'll try and search for some decent tensioners, but if you want to search yourself then Gates and Dayco are good names. I can try and get a dealer price although they may need a chassis number.
Thanks :) ...do you think I should get the whole tensioner assembly or just the bearing/roller?

I'll swing you the VINS but I think most of the parts are interchangeable with the petrol 8v's

I am decent about the 20 though ..well worth it from my perspective
Last edited by B-Hive on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I'm afraid I haven't worked on an engine that early, and the last time I worked on a 1.9 petrol of any description was nearly 10 years ago and can't recall what the tensioner assembly looked like.! But if the bearing/roller are the only parts which move, then I see no point in spending more money than needed.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

mat_fenwick wrote:I'm afraid I haven't worked on an engine that early, and the last time I worked on a 1.9 petrol of any description was nearly 10 years ago and can't recall what the tensioner assembly looked like.! But if the bearing/roller are the only parts which move, then I see no point in spending more money than needed.
I agree, although there is the spring component in the tensioners, it is just the bearings that are tired/noisy, (and quite cheap on Ebay) from what I can gather..

I am guessing the 1.6 and 1.9 have the same component,,,but I see you are more a TUD man!!

heres is an example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BX-ZX ... 1965wt_702" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you think them of ok quality can you please buy 2 of them for me etc..again alternativley I will buy 2 right now an have them posted to your address
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

If it's how I vaguely recall, it's similar to the diesels in that the spring is only used to set the belt tension after reassembly, and then the tensioner is locked into place. So fatigue of the spring won't be an issue, although the spring will relax very slightly over time. I can't calculate how much without knowing creep data for the spring material, but I'll stick my neck out and say it's not going to be significant!

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

mat_fenwick wrote:If it's how I vaguely recall, it's similar to the diesels in that the spring is only used to set the belt tension after reassembly, and then the tensioner is locked into place. So fatigue of the spring won't be an issue, although the spring will relax very slightly over time. I can't calculate how much without knowing creep data for the spring material, but I'll stick my neck out and say it's not going to be significant!
True!!

To that extent I have just tried to also buy 2 of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BX-ZX ... 1965wt_702" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

only to be told "unavailable to Australia"

So have sent them a message to say I have a UK address for this purchase...what do you think? ..quality ,,,rubbish or mediocre?
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

Matt It seems like I have bought the lot already !!! I hope its not a lot of crap...can you PM me your address please and I'll have them posted to you,,also after or before you have forwarded my goodies on to me send me your paypay details or what ever so that I can reimburse and spot you.

Thanx
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone