BX14 mpg?

BX Tech talk
THE_Liam
Confirmed BX'er

Re: BX14 mpg?

Post by THE_Liam »

To be honest my insurance company don't actually charge any extra for mods unless you strap a charger onto it, that's the beauty of a broker that deals mainly with modded cars. Can't recommend Brentacre enough to be honest.

Doesn't matter now anyway, the deal has fallen through for the 1.4 so I think I'll just keep an eye out for a TD :)

I do love the power delivery of the TU5, the way it goes mental at 4.5k never bores me. The XUD is far torquier though, easier to drive pottering about.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: BX14 mpg?

Post by Kitch »

THE_Liam wrote:To be honest my insurance company don't actually charge any extra for mods unless you strap a charger onto it, that's the beauty of a broker that deals mainly with modded cars. Can't recommend Brentacre enough to be honest.

Doesn't matter now anyway, the deal has fallen through for the 1.4 so I think I'll just keep an eye out for a TD :)

I do love the power delivery of the TU5, the way it goes mental at 4.5k never bores me. The XUD is far torquier though, easier to drive pottering about.
Assume you mean the TU5J4 (the TU5J2/P doesn't really go mental full stop :lol: ). Trust me, the XU9J4 is far more intense in every way.

Diesels are easy to potter around in, yeah. The XU9 carb engine is good for that too, likewise the TU. Just depends what you want. It's a bit of a chore to potter around in a BX 16v, I can tell you that.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)