Purflux fuel filter housing

BX Tech talk
paulJ

Purflux fuel filter housing

Post by paulJ »

Hello to all,does anyone know if the small rubber disc that sits in the bottom of the filter housing(acts as one way valve) is available to buy on its own,and if it is where can I buy one.Hoping someone can help,just lost the one in mine,must of stuck to the bottom to the bottom of the filter and fell off when I went to change it.Gone forever I think!
White TZD Estate
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: Purflux fuel filter housing

Post by rutter123 »

i dont think they are i had a similar thing happen to me and was quoted about £60 for a new unit, so i temporarily bypassed it but still used 2 inline fuel filters, that was 70,000 miles back....change em regular no probs. think the pug 205/309/405 diesels had a similar unit fitted if u can find one in a breakers.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
paulJ

Post by paulJ »

Many thanks for the reply.I have punched a small disc from the diaphragm of an old type fuel filter(button on top) and have put a small screw through centre to keep it in place.Rubber is a touch thicker than original,but I filled the housing with diesel with the priming pump.See how it goes but if no good will go down the inline filter route as you suggested.Cheers.
White TZD Estate
rabbercelt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rabbercelt »

If that doesn't work I have the part your are looking for.Contact me if you need it.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

what rubber disc?????

i have just looked on service citroen to confirm my memory , and it dose not show any rubber disc in the bottom of the filter housing,

i think the disc you are talking about is/was part of the filter element that had dropped off

here is price and part No. of a seal kit listed for this filter though

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000191212 4 SEALS KIT 4.22 GBP 5.06 GBP 5.06 GBP

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
paulJ

Post by paulJ »

Thankyou "rabbercelt" for the offer of the part,at the moment the one I made seems to be doing the job,but any problems with it and I will pm you.Also thankyou Malcom for the parts list.I am pretty sure that the disc is part of the housing though,there has never been one with a new filter which I have bought several times now.On the side that faces the bottom of the housing there is a small "nipple" that sits in a hole,it has always been loose though and dislodged every time I changed the filter.Rushing about friday before the light went forgot to check it was in place,soon noticed it next day when the car wouldn't start,wondered why I couldn't get any pressure when I tried to prime it!.
Anyway,thanks again to all who took the time to reply to my post,regards,Paul.
White TZD Estate
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Water drain tap? Filters used to come with complete new drain and seal but in the last few years they appear to have stopped supplying them with the drain and seal under the pretence of being 'greener' filter manufacturers.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

has someone got a picy of the rubbery disc, as i cant think why or remember ever seeing one in the bottom of a purflux fuel filter housing,
plus it does not show one on the exploded view on service citroen

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

As Malcolm says, these things fall apart, especially if they are of poor quality.
Had it happen to me twice. You dont need a 'special' rubber washer, just a good quality fuel filter.

Andy