not too technical, just a wiring location

BX Tech talk
Henry.M
Confirmed BX'er

not too technical, just a wiring location

Post by Henry.M »

been studying the book of lies wiring diagram today and have concluded that all I need to get a spark now (in theory) would be the Lt wire which goes from the ignition switch to the coil. I'm not quite sure what colour it should be, the book says black, but I think that is just the colour of the female spade end sleeve. i could be wrong, but i don't know as that wire is completly missing on my car. And i also checked on the manual that all the lt coil circuits are the same on phase 1 and 2 bxs on any litre.

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to take a picture of the Lt leads on their coil and tell me where the ignition wire goes can they? (i know that sounds odd but i took all of the trim off around the ignition barrel and could only see thick red and white wires and under the passengers foot well is just a multi coloured spaggeti which I can't make sense of)

cheers guys :)
4 broken cars, 1 small wallet

1982 porsche 924 2.0 na - on sorn
1961 morris minor 4door saloon- a rolling shell and many boxes-Borris
1988 citroen bx16 49,222 miles- Eric
1985 citroen bx14 RE - not been taxed since 1997 howmanyleft.co.uk (0 taxed 0 sorned)
Mothman

Re: not too technical, just a wiring location

Post by Mothman »

Bell Malcolm bud,
he told me that Citroens wiring colours are unique to Citoen and dont bear any real relevance to any wiring diagram. Green, black and brown seem to be all the colours they use with the odd red.
Malc will give you the gospel bud, i can confirm that.
But not now, best when you are in front of the motor and its past 10.30 am as he is a lazy riser!! unlike me who is up at 5am daily.

Andy
Henry.M
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Henry.M »

Thanks Andy, will do. Though I thought he only answered his answered his phone on evenings?
4 broken cars, 1 small wallet

1982 porsche 924 2.0 na - on sorn
1961 morris minor 4door saloon- a rolling shell and many boxes-Borris
1988 citroen bx16 49,222 miles- Eric
1985 citroen bx14 RE - not been taxed since 1997 howmanyleft.co.uk (0 taxed 0 sorned)
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Henry.M wrote:Thanks Andy, will do. Though I thought he only answered his answered his phone on evenings?
Henry
you musterd miss read my pm regarding me answering my phone :wink:

i vet my calls evenings and weekends and dont answer to my customers at these tomes, unless i choose to,

i did say if you were going to call me at these times to txt me first so i know who is trying to call me,

all you need to do to find a switched live feed in the area of the coil is, fit a battery switch the ignition on and test all the nibbled wire ends with a test light, then attach that to the plus + side of the coil along with the single black connector of the lead i sent to you,

if you still have probs give me a call

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

citronut wrote: fit a battery switch the ignition on and test all the nibbled wire ends with a test light
And then turn the ignition off and make sure the light does out, surely?

I made that mistake on the diesel once, wired the stop solenoid to permanent live. Took quite some time to realise why the engine wouldn't stop!
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

"he told me that Citroens wiring colours are unique to Citoren and dont bear any real relevance to any wiring diagram. Green, black and brown seem to be all the colours they use with the odd red."
Continental wire colours are different an its worth getting a French Manual published by "RTA" and readily available on Ebay.fr if only for the wiring diagrams.....
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),