New spheres past their sell by date ?

BX Tech talk
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

New spheres past their sell by date ?

Post by Jaba »

I bought a couple of rear spheres on Tuesday from our beloved GSF.However, on looking at them later I note that they have a manufacture date of 10/03 !

This means that they are already 1 year and 9 months old. I am not too impressed. They only last 3 to 4 years any way and the N leaks out whether they are in use or not.

Am I paranoid - or justified. What do you guys think the Best Before date should be ????
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

As best i know the spheres do have a shelf life, though i have no idea what that shelf life is. The last 4 spheres i've bought from GSF have all been a good two years old, and while deeply disconcerting they work just fine, transforming the two cars the spheres have beem put on!

I remember the days of Andyspares when parts delivered wher the right ones, stupidly fast delivery and problems where resolved rapidly! I currently have about 5 expensive bits of kit from GSF none of which is correct, and everytime they say there gonna sort it they never do!

I've given up getting stuff mail order, better that i can see what im gonna pay for!
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I bought some in 2001 that were stamped 1994. I had them regassed last week, so they don't exactly die overnight.
Ideally I suppose if they were to have a date like a bottle of milk, that would be great, but they seem to come with all kinds of DOMs and fortunately they last longer than a bottle of milk also. :lol: :lol:

Alan S :twisted:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.