ph2 8v GTi - wasted spark or not?

BX Tech talk
Melchior
Confirmed BX'er

Re: ph2 8v GTi - wasted spark or not?

Post by Melchior »

Mine is a 1991 although I don't know the month without checking the documents and it could well have been built a fair time before being registered of course. So may be a late 1990 build.

Deffo a rotor arm and dissy cap though, I know this for sure now. Does that mean it's Jetronic?
Dutch 1991 BX 8v GTi. 280,000km
APK (Dutch MOT) failed in May 2013, sold to a member of the Dutch Citroen forum. His thread can be found here: http://www.citroen-forum.nl/forums/viewthread/221870/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Philip Chidlow wrote:8-[ (Shhhhh.... don't mention my friend from Malaysia :shock: :oops: )....

(I don't have one, Mulley) Do you mean Malcolm's CX? :lol:
you dont know Sujit Sing as well Phill

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

sdelasal wrote:... and only sparks 2 plugs at a time, how does it know the phasing? Ans: it doesn't need to:- at near TDC it sparks on both of the cylinders which are at the top of the bore - one goes bang - the other is 'wasted' - 'cos that cylinder is at the end of its exhaust stroke. Steve
Know that! The question related to 2 at a time being fired rather than 4 at a time. So if your pairing was out of sync ............................... [-X But of course the clue is in TDC and that is why it's a double coil. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto