Hydraulic return pipe - Squid

BX Tech talk
Tinkley
1K Away

Hydraulic return pipe - Squid

Post by Tinkley »

Finally think I've found out about the 'Squid'. Part no 96 119 048. The reason its not right for my car is because it is for cars after the shell No 5168. Guess what? my number is 513X so probably a week or two before the change. What is the earlier 2 down pipe part called by No and or is it OK to fit this later pipe and blank off thick 3rd drop? Just can't make out the No of part on the PDF containing the information at

http://pepon1.free.fr/CITROEN%20BX_fichiers/BX-PL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone want to buy it? Brand new at cost. I'll pay postage.

I think the part No is 95 603 421 Would be grateful for confirmation. Thanks
mat_fenwick

Re: Hydraulic return pipe - Squid

Post by mat_fenwick »

Let me check what I have, as I have either got what you have, or what you need, in stock. I think! So potentially could do a straight swap.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Thanks Mat, that would be great. Just cleaned subframe and got the wishbone pins greased ready to go.
That old frame was well and truly bent. I'll put up a pic later this week.

My cars were registered in the UK in jan and March 91 BTW so gives an approx date of the change over.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Good news :)

PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post next week. Mine is a '93 so would assume yours will be correct for me.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Brilliant Mat. The difference is the take off pipes just down from where it goes into the reservoir. The one you have pictured has 2 hoses (ride height corrector links) and the later one 3 with a thicker one being the first. Not quite sure wher that leads, but the other 2 are to the correctors. Out of interest is this earlier part No 95 603 421 still available?

Will PM you my details, probably later as I have to do a day long duty down the sailing club, and if likewise I'll post it tomorrow.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

PM sent hope you have it Mat
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'd be interested to know if the earlier one is available too - as I'll need one sooner or later for Timex. Until now the only difference I was aware of was due to whether PAS was fitted.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Hi Mike, if you can open up that parts .pdf (it takes a while to download even on broadband) look at Page 52. Zoom in so you can read the part numbers. The left hand side covers up to shell 5167 inclusive, and the right hand side 5168 onwards. Note also there are some components that are rh or lh specific. However I am pretty certain No 1 on the left hand side of the page described as the Oil Back Harnes(s) is the beast for the earlier cars and mine are '91s'.

Just look at what Timex already has. It's the second tube from the left coming out the reservoir if you stand by the front o/s wheel. A short way down the tube there most likely are 2 tubes exiting at 90° and the main tube carries on. If it has 3 tubes coming off it is the later type - unlikely, but I would not be surprised if you can fit the later type and blank off 3rd thicker tube.