New to the forum silver c reg bx estate

BX Tech talk
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: New to the forum silver c reg bx estate

Post by citsncycles »

You'd definately get more interest if it'll lift - would make it easier to load and unload.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Stuartwhite1989 wrote:If it will lift would if fetch a bit more? I will try and assemble the pipes and bleed it all and the brakes when I get chance on weekend

Good idea, if you can get it so its moveable it will make a big difference,
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

The fact the suspension is chocked up is good and makes it relatively easy to get on a trailer. The main place the front to rear pipes go is just at the point before it sweeps over the rear axle behind the nearside sill.
CCC BX Columnist
'89 16v P1
'90 BX GTi 4x4, 16v P2, 19 TZI auto A/C estate
'92 BX 19 TGD (now 17 Turbo D)
'93 BX 19 TXD estate & 19TD van
'93 ZX Volcane TD 3 Door
'71 DS 21 EFi Pallas, '86 Visa GTi ,
'98 Xantia Activa P1
'07 C4 by Loeb
3 x 2CV, 1 x Mehari
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Ah yes, chocks - please can someone confirm the best place to put these on the rear - I know on the front you can put a bit of broom handle down the strut, but can't remember what to do at the back
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

Personally I use a length of 4x2 or something similar which is roughly the same length as the distance between the brake backplates and plonk it on top of the rear axle arms and lower the body on to it. Not an option if planning on doing on the 4x4 though cos the driveshafts are in the way!
CCC BX Columnist
'89 16v P1
'90 BX GTi 4x4, 16v P2, 19 TZI auto A/C estate
'92 BX 19 TGD (now 17 Turbo D)
'93 BX 19 TXD estate & 19TD van
'93 ZX Volcane TD 3 Door
'71 DS 21 EFi Pallas, '86 Visa GTi ,
'98 Xantia Activa P1
'07 C4 by Loeb
3 x 2CV, 1 x Mehari
Stuartwhite1989

Post by Stuartwhite1989 »

Yea it's already chocked up at the back. It drives but no brakes lol
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

citsncycles wrote:Ah yes, chocks - please can someone confirm the best place to put these on the rear - I know on the front you can put a bit of broom handle down the strut, but can't remember what to do at the back
this is a BX we are talking about here isnt it,

as the length of broom stick cant work/be used on the front of a BX, as the sphere is not straight up above the piston, like on D's G's and CX's,

i think the only way you could prop the front of a BX up, would be a length of timber between the underside of the inner wing turret and the lower wishbone/arm

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Ah - Glad I asked then! Yes I was thinking of the GS with the broom handles! must admit I was wondering how it worked on the BX.

This isn't for the 4x4, but for the new motor, Fred the 17rd that I'm hoping to collect sometime late next week. He's been sat a long, long time and one of the pics I've seen of the underside shows that at least one of the tyres stays flat on the bottom when jacked up!I'm working on the assumption that they tyres may not hold air very well, so I may need to lift it a bit in order to get it onto the transporter I'm using.

Apologies for the thread hijack - back to Mk1 estates - yours looks better than Timex!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Stuartwhite1989

right as i really dont have time to get the hydraulics sorted due to no time i will have to put her up for sale as is, the only problem is my grandad accidently shredded the logbook for this citroen when he scrapped his last bx about 7 years ago, it also has a spare rear exhaust with it, £200 sound ok for the car the spare doors and the spare wheels?
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Sounds good to me - pity it's so far away!

Somebody must want to join the MK1 BX Estate club!

It may pay you to get a replacement log book mind - I know they charge, but I've been hit with a fine for selling a car this way, and although they say they'll accept hand written notifications, I've found they have a habit of ignoring them.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Agreed. £25 (IIRC) well spent.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Any update on this? Did you get the hydraulics reconnected?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Stuartwhite1989

Nothing more has been done with the car yet due to no time so it may just get sold as it is for parts just to get rid of her. Must be use to someone