Front seat angle adjusters

BX Tech talk
adamskibx
BXpert

Front seat angle adjusters

Post by adamskibx »

Having reclined my drivers seat, the recline adjustment knob now seems to be free spinning and won't make the seat back angle up again. Does anyone know whether this is likely to be a belt thats snapped or derailed, and whether it requires seat removal. It's not the end of the World but I am not French and therefore don't have long arms and short legs; probably the other way round.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Front seat angle adjusters

Post by Jaba »

Whip the squab out Adam and have a look at the mechanism to sus it out.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks Jaba - I did not know it was so easy to pull the squab out. If that's do-able then I'll have a look in a little while.
michaelr
Confirmed BX'er

Post by michaelr »

adamskibx wrote:Thanks Jaba - I did not know it was so easy to pull the squab out. If that's do-able then I'll have a look in a little while.
I suspect many owners are unaware of how easy it is to remove the squab!

If you look under the front of the seat you will see two metal clips on a round bar. Simply flip those forward to release. If you then raise the front of the squab a little you will see two "rubber bands" hooked onto the plastic support pan. Once the bands are released the squab will pull up and forward to remove.

If you have never done it before you are likely to discover a good deal of loose change and maybe a few less desirable other odds and ends. :shock:

Michael, Sydney, Australia

BX19TRI Automatic
DS23 Pallas
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thank you MIchael. That diagram is a great help. I haven't looked yet. I will probably wait until tomorrow now as it's now dark, but the diagram explains it well. I did not know there was a hidden money box :-) Do I dare eat any chocolate raisins? :shock: